Welcome to the 2021/22 Wollongong Oztag Summer Season.
We will be holding competitions throughout the Summer season at the following venues:
Monday – J J Kelly Park Wollongong – Juniors
Tuesday – Hollymount Park Woonona – Juniors
Wednesday – Reed Park Dapto – Juniors
We are offering 6’s, 8’s, 10’s, 12’s, 14’s, 16’s in Boys, Girls and Mixed. Some ages and divisions may not be offered at all venues as it depends on team nominations.
Age divisions are based off the age the child is turning this year, e.g. a child turning 11 or 12 in 2021 will play in the 12s.
The season runs for 12 weeks followed by a 2 week final series. We may allow for wash out rounds if we have time. Our competitions will commence on Tuesday 5th October and run for 10 weeks up until the week commencing 13th December. We will not play on Melbourne Cup Day (Tuesday 2nd November). The remaining games will commence the first week after the school holidays.
Registration is $1080- per team (of 12 or less players). Extra players are $90- each. Teams must pay in full by cash or into our bank account.
If you are short players please contact us as we will have a pool of individual players looking for teams.
Team rego form is here : Junior Rego Form 2021-22
To ensure a streamlined registration process we require team delegates to collect money for all their players and organise payment to us either by EFT or cash. Just contact Andrew on 0402 390 686 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are paying with an Active Kids Voucher you need to send your team delegate a copy of the voucher which they will forward to us.
If you pay by EFT please ensure you put your team name as the reference and email or sms us to advise you have made the payment.
Account Name: Wollongong Junior Oztag Incorporated
BSB: 641 800
Account No: 200924344
We do accept individual registrations but can’t guarantee we can find you a team. Please contact Andrew on 0402 390 686 or email@example.com Cost is $90- and can be done by EFT or Active Kids voucher.
Note : There will be no family discounts or second team discounts this comp.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions we have not set any rego dates at this stage. All regos should be done online via email and phone.
We will organise gear sales closer to the start of the comp.
– TEAM UNIFORMS – by the 4th week of play all teams are to be in completely matching shirts and numbered.
From Round 4 onwards a penalty of 1 try PER PLAYER out of uniform will be awarded to the opposing team prior to starting the game (the referee will make a clear note of this and make it aware to both teams).
– OFFICIAL OZTAG SHORTS/TIGHTS – players are required to wear official Australian Oztag shorts or tights.
Under no circumstances are players allowed to sew velcro patches onto pants/tights or wear LEAGUE TAG shorts/tights. Shorts ($30) and Tights ($35) will be available at all registration days along with competition venues each week.
– SIGN ON SHEETS – all teams are required to sign on each week prior to taking the field. If players fail to sign on points may be deducted (forfeit for less then 5 players signing on) along with players breaching insurance rules. Sign on sheets will be up near the admin office at all venues, if your team\sign on sheet is not there please advise competition staff.
– BACKING UP – any teams who do not have 8 players to take the field are able to find a back up player who is currently registered in the same season at the same venue however must be in the same or lower grade/age. Teams cannot get back up players to create substitutes in the team, they are only to fill the team to 8 players. Teams caught playing unregistered players or playing back up players without notifying competition staff will forfeit the game (5-0 loss). You must have at least 5 of your registered players playing or the game will be considered a forfeit.
If you think your opposition is breaching the rules and playing unregistered players please notify competition staff during or before the game (not after the fact with no proof).
– ELIGIBILITY FOR FINAL SERIES – All players who were registered in a team from the start of the comp are eligible. Players that join after round 1 must play a minimum of 4 games to qualify.